Why do I need to log in?
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I take my Consent and Declaration pages and my MSFAA?
I can't print my OSAP supporting documents; the site is requesting a password.
Help! I can't remember my OAN number.
Help! I'm locked out of the OSAP site.
I am not sure what to indicate for the course load percentage on my OSAP application?
When will my OSAP funding be released?
How will my OSAP funding be released?
How can I get OSAP for summer courses?
What is an affidavit? Where can I get one?
How do I pay my fees when my OSAP doesn't come in until September?
Why isn't my WebAdvisor showing my OSAP payments?
I don't know what to indicate for my income?
Help! My OSAP assessment isn't enough to cover my tuition?
Consent and Declaration Pages - These pages are to be signed, dated and submitted to the Financial Aid Office at Lambton College. These forms can either be mailed into the office or hand delivered.
Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) - This is used to set up direct deposit for your OSAP. This form needs to be hand delivered to a designated postal outlet along with this form you are required to also take with you
1. Direct Deposit form from your bank or void cheque The cheque and bank account must be in the student's name.
2. SIN Card or Government proof e.g. Notice of Assessment or GST statement
3. 1 piece of Government Photo ID Drivers Licence or Canadian Passport
If you do not reside near a Canada Post Outlet, please mail your MSFAA, along with a clear photocopy of your SIN card and Photo ID to:
National Student Loans Service Centre PO Box 4030 Mississauga, ON L5A 4M4
The password they are requesting is the same password you use to log into the OSAP site.
*Please note: If your password is longer than 12 characters, enter the first 12 characters only*
Take your SIN card and 1 piece of Government photo ID to any College or University, Financial Aid Office, they will provide your OAN number. Unfortunately this cannot be issued over the phone.
Take your SIN card and 1 piece of Government photo ID to any College or University, Financial Aid Office, they will reset your password for you. Unfortunately this cannot be issued over the phone.
For full time students you will be taking a 100% course load. For students with disability and taking partial course loads please contact a financial aid officer for assistance.
If all supporting documents have been satisfied, including the MSFAA, prior to the first day of classes, students can expect to receive their funding 5-10 business days after the first day of classes.
OSAP funding is provided by multiple sources; Federal Loans, Federal Grants, Provincial Loans and Provincial Grants. If you are receiving funding from multiple sources, each will be directly deposited into your bank account separately, 3-5 business days apart from each other.
One term program: 60% of your total funding will be released at the start of the term. The remaining 40% will be released approximately halfway through you termTwo term - September intake: 60% of your total funding will be released in September. The remaining 40% will be released in January.Three term - September intake: 60% of your total funding will be released in September. The remaining 40% will be released in January.
For students in a 3 term academic year, you are not required to submit any paperwork. Your summer term is assessed and funds are released in two installments. Budget carefully!
For students in a 2 term academic year, you are required to fill out a Study Period Extension Form. To register for your summer classes take this form to the registrar's office. At that time you will be required to pay a $100.00 deferral. after you are registered submit your Study Period Extension Form to the Financial Aid Office.
*Please note: you must be registered for a full time course load (at least 60% course load) and courses taken over the summer must be part of your regular program curriculum.*
An affidavit is a sworn statement regarding your current status that must be signed by a notary commissioner.
Bayside Mall - Shared ServicesCommissioner for taking affidavits (no charge)519-332-25128:30am - 5:00pmCall for an appointment
Teresa McMahon, Financial Aid OfficeCommissioner for taking affidavits for OSAP purposes (no charge)519-542-7751 x 3476Call for an appointment
OSAP students are required to pay a $300.00 deferral towards your fees to hold you spot in the program. Payments must be made before term fees are due (July and November)OSAP students can also remit their fees to the school to ensure the College is paid. To remit fees to the school do not click "don't pay fees on my behalf"
Once the Financial Aid Office receives payments we must manually apply each payment to each student account. Please allow up to 1 month for all payments to process.
*Please note: You may see your OSAP come in increments, as your OSAP may be split into multiple loans and grants.*
OSAP is looking for the estimated amount of income you will be receiving. If you are working, take your hourly wage times the average number of hours you work and then multiply by the number of weeks the application is requesting. All estimates can be changed by notifying the Financial Aid Office.
Sometimes OSAP doesn't cover all tuition and books, you can explore the different OSAP reviews here. If you do not meet the requirements for the reviews, you can try applying to scholarships and bursaries.
© Copyright 2017 Lambton College